Tennis Court Rules
All players are asked to observe appropriate court etiquette and to respect the rights of other players. Please direct any questions or concerns to a member of the Tennis Committee. The hours for use of the tennis courts and backboard are as follows:
Tennis Court hours: 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
Backboard hours: 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
- Courts are to be used only for tennis
- Tennis shoes are required on courts
- Players are expected to leave the courts neat and tidy
- Parents are responsible for their children adhering to the tennis rules.
Reserved Court Times
Membership dues and the individual tennis assessment should be paid prior to reserving court times. A list may be posted on the Bulletin board.
- A sign up sheet for the following day's play will be posted at 9:00 am on the Community House Bulletin board.
- Sign Up sheets will be posted for fall and spring weekends as needed.
- DIIA organized events will be given priority over all other tennis playing regarding court use.
- Reserved court time is restricted to 1 hour per individual membership per day
Weekend and Holiday play
- Children (under 16 membership) may play with adults at any time, but may not sign up for adults, or themselves, on weekends or holidays.
- Reserved court time is restricted to 2 hours per family per day on weekends and holidays
- Reservations must be canceled at least 30 minutes prior to reservation time.
- A court is forfeited if not claimed within 10 minutes of the start time.
- Repeated “No shows” will be reported to the Tennis Committee and restricted court times may result
Any member may use an unclaimed or open court, with preference to adults on weekends.
Than you for your interest in the Tennis Program.
Community House Rules
Our community house is located in a residential neighborhood. Wishing to be good neighbors, we ask that you adhere to the following rules:
- The key and permission to use the Community House may be obtained only from the DIIA Director or 2nd Vice President.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed on DIIA property.
- Music and noise level must be kept down
- Please, no climbing on the roof or fences
- The playground for small children is designed and reserved for ages through 7 years old. Please respect the rules - and all playground equipment.
- Please respect our Memorial Flag Pole
- The tennis rules are listed here.
Owners also have a responsibility to apprise renters/occupants of the above requirements:
- A permit is required for any beach fire (available at the Wells Town Hall)
- No alcohol is allowed on the beach or on any public property.
- Dogs must be leashed.
- The speed limit on the island is 5 MPH